Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Design...Upcoming Show...Diet...SUMMER!

Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I posted...sorry about that! A lot has been going on around here so let me catch you up.

SUMMER

It is finally summer break for me as I don't return to school until the end of September. Summer for me means work work work on BeBes! I love having the whole day, without interruption, to work on new projects to stock the BeBe shop with. Also now is a great time for any special orders so send me a note if you have been thinking of adopting a BeBe. I can't say how much time I am going to have this year because I will be starting at the university which means a much harder and larger work load.

Luckily the Weather was Nice for Summer Camping on the Lake

New Design

Here in Oregon we have not had a very nice summer this year. We have had much more rain than usual which has left the warm sunny days few and far between. Even though I am longing for many more summer days the thought of fall is on my mind. Fall is my favorite season and designing dolls for Halloween is my favorite also. Luckily a lovely customer came along and asked for a black BeBe cat which I had never done before. I say luckily because I think she is one of the cutest BeBes I have made in a long time. I love her so much I am heading back to the fabric store to get more of this black fur so I can make several more. If you want your own black cat drop me a line! You can see more pictures of her here on Flickr.

She is wearing an adorable tutu I made her in Halloween colors.

Upcoming Show

On September 3rd BeBe Babies will be in Portland Oregon at the Dolls 4 All show. If you have never been to one of these doll shows I will tell you they are awesome! I have exhibited several times over the years and have always had a great time. At this show I will be bringing along some skill sheets and will be providing demonstrations on plush doll making skills. If you have been interested in learning the ladder stitch or where to get started making dolls please stop by and see me. For more information on the show see this page.


I should have lots of new BeBes at the show so if you can make it please stop and say hello!

Diet

Remember how I said one of the only things I could think of as a goal before I turn 30 was to lose 20 lbs? Well thanks to my psychology class earlier in the summer I decided that I need a little more structure to reach this goal. So I have embarked on the 17 day diet plan and am currently hungry on day 2. Why this diet? Well because the book is here because my boyfriend is doing it. Basically the diet is a three phase thing with high protein/low carb/low sugar meals.

On Sunday night we spent diet-eve eating copious amounts of McDonalds which was a big mistake. First of all we don't eat that unhealthy and rarely eat fast food as it is. However the positive was that I wasn't even really hungry in the morning so my two egg whites and half a grapefruit seemed like a satisfactory breakfast.

Yesterday went pretty well. The food wasn't much different than what we normally eat. For instance a normal dinner for us is a chicken breast, asparagus and rice. That's basically what we had for dinner last night just without the rice.

This morning was a different story. I woke up crabby because I literally woke up twice last night because I was hungry. Breakfast was a cup of berries on top of 6 oz of yogurt. By lunch I was ravenous and devoured my salad (which by the way is all lunch was). To be fair it was a huge salad with eggs on it but still I am learning that I was very dependent on carbs. And while I like vegetables I like them best dipped in something creamy like ranch dressing. On this diet the salad dressing is olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I don't want to write too much more about the diet but will keep you updated on results. The diet boasts 10-12 lbs in 17 days which seems highly do-able if I went off my stomach's opinion at the moment. It would be great to get halfway to my goal in 17 days. Oh and after the first 17 days the next 17 day phase consists of more food during a day. Yay! This is basically the motivation that is keeping me from scouring the cabinets for a bread crumb or cracker.

That's all for now! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment