Wednesday, June 1, 2011

More Realistic Eyes

Now I will admit I don't have much in the way of painting skills and I have never felt that I am very good at it. My dolls have very basic eyes and painting which is truly the way I like it. However, I decided a couple days ago to try painting eyes on my newest doll that were a little more lifelike. I searched online for tutorials on painting eyes and ended up roughly following this one. The tutorial is for painting on a canvas but I figured it wouldn't be much different on a doll. I didn't do every step or technique on the tutorial but changed it to suit my taste.

I think they came out really pretty but I'm not sure if it fits with my BeBe Baby style. First I think they make her look much older and less babyish and second I think they are too big. I suppose I could continue combining some of the techniques and not using others. What do you think? Here is a close up of Maribel's eyes.


And her is a farther away picture of her.

If you are interested in adopting her you can find her in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment