Friday, September 4, 2009

Road Trip...Mom...and a Blurry Camera Phone Teaser

In a few short hours my Mom and I will be hitting the highway. We are heading up to Portland for the Dolls 4 All doll show tomorrow. The show is from 10-4 but they let early birds in at 8:30. This is in the AM people! I haven't done this show in a while but in years past my Mom and I would get up at the un-Godly hour of 4 am to be on the road by 5 am. Set up is at 7 am.

When I used to make reborn dolls I always did well at Dorothy's Dolls 4 All shows (there are several other show times/locations in the northwest). The last show I did was the first time I tried the show with my BeBe Babies. It was the Puyallup WA one which entailed getting a hotel and working two full show days. It was a bust! I sold nothing and came back with a very large negative funds hanging over my head. It has taken me this long to want to try again. But the BeBes are better now right? The dolls actually have ears this time...oh and noses!

I am giving Portland a shot and if all goes well and I come back in the positive I may try Washington again. The Washington show is bigger and a bit grander in my experience but like I said more expensive to attend.

This is why to spend the least amount possible on the Portland show we would rise at 4 am to avoid renting a hotel room. Luckily this year we shall be shackin' it up with one of our oldest pals Amy. She lives a mere 29 minutes (thank you mapquest) from the show. That way tomorrow morning we can get up at 6 am instead of 4 (although still early, for those of you that don't know that is what time I get up everyday anyway).

Last night I did my practice set up at my Mom's (forgot my camera) and packed everyone up. Look at my table! Makes my fingers hurt thinking about all the sewing I have done over the last few weeks.


So if you are anywhere near Portland Oregon tomorrow...and you like dolls (oh and I have safe ones for kids too) then come on by the Kleiver Nat'l Guard Armory at 10000 NE 33rd Dr Portland OR 97211 between 10-4 (or 8:30 if you want to pay to be an early bird). See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment